Services and Therapies Available at Renown Physical Therapy
- Physical therapists evaluate and treat strength, endurance, general mobility, walking and balance issues. They will also help you with transfer techniques and wheelchair mobility.
- Hands-on, individualized therapy sessions include advanced rehabilitative technology, exercises, research-based treatment techniques and manual therapy. If assisting devices are needed, such as a cane or walker, a physical therapist will evaluate and provide training on how to use them safely.
- Speech Therapy
- Speech therapists provide strategies for living with speech and language impediments as well as hands-on, computer-assisted and self-monitoring activities.
- Speech therapy is focused around communication skills and swallowing difficulties that result from stroke, traumatic brain injury and neurological or nervous system disorders. Treatment helps by retraining memory, reasoning, problem solving and decision making.
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational therapists improve fine motor skills and help you relearn self-care skills such as eating, bathing, dressing and using the restroom. Skills practiced may also include getting up from furniture, housekeeping tasks and cooking.
- Post-surgery Rehabilitation
- We can provide treatment for conditions such as total knee and hip replacements, cervical and lumbar fusions, hip fractures and inflammatory diseases.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine, Sports and Pain Medicine
- Our board-certified providers specialize in the evaluation of concerns related to the spine, sports injuries and other pain-related issues. Our care team will evaluate and diagnose your concerns, and partner with you to create a custom plan tailored to individual needs.
- Vestibular and Balance Therapy
- Treatments can help reduce and resolve balance, dizziness, vertigo and vestibular problems. Our Certified Vestibular Therapists will provide education and home programs to minimize patients’ future risk and maintain optimal function, as well as communicate treatment plans to the referring provider.
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow Therapy
- When an injury, accident or overuse affects the hands, wrists or elbows, our specialists can assist in rehabilitation. Our treatments include manual therapy, strengthening, stretching, positioning, ergonomic set-up and splints.
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Lymphedema is a condition that affects millions of people around the world. It is a chronic and progressive disorder that results in swelling of the arms, legs, or other parts of the body due to an accumulation of lymph fluid. Lymphedema can occur because of cancer treatments, surgery, or other medical conditions.
- Vestibular Therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation therapy, is a specialized form of physical therapy used to treat vestibular disorders or symptoms, characterized by dizziness, vertigo, and trouble with balance, posture, and vision.
Chronic pain can be one of the most distressing feelings someone may encounter – and more likely than not, you know someone who is managing their pain as a part of their healthcare journey. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease...
Injuries happen to everyone. They are caused by participating in sports, recreational activities like hiking, and even by accidentally stepping off a curb wrong. If you experience a sprain or strain, the first few days are often the most...
Want to know more about osteoporosis and osteopenia? We'll dive into these conditions and give you some handy tips on preventing future problems and taking care of your bones. What is Osteopenia? Osteopenia (low bone density) is the...