During cardiac cath, one or more thing flexible tubes (catheter) are passed through a blood vessel in the groin, wrist orneck, depending on the reason for the procedure, and guided to the heart. At Renown Health, our team of experts specialize in the following procedures:
- Coronary angiogram – This procedure uses X-ray imaging to see your heart’s blood vessels. checking for blockages in the arteries leading to the heart
- Cardiac ablation – In this procedure, a doctor uses heat or cold energy to create tiny scars in your heart to block abnormal electrical signals and restore a normal heartbeat.
- Right heart catheterization – This procedure checks the pressure and blood flow in the right side of the heart.
- Balloon angioplasty – This procedure is used to open a narrowed artery in or near the heart.
- Heart biopsy – In this procedure the doctor is taking a sample of heart tissue.
- Repair of congenital heart defects – Procedure to close a hole in the heart, such as an atrial septal defect or patent foramen ovale.
- Balloon valvuloplasty – this procedure widens a narrowed heart valve.
- Heart Valve replacement – Used to replace a narrowed heart valve.
Heart failure is a serious medical condition that occurs when the heart is unable to pump blood effectively, leading to a variety of symptoms and potential complications. Although there has been progress made in the treatment of many forms...
Renown Health, the region's leading cardiology care provider, is offering a clinical trial for eligible patients struggling to control their high blood pressure. Nearly half of adults (119.9 million) in the United States have hypertension,...